We’re working from where the site is good outwards into weedier patches, and it’s a pleasure to see the thriving local vegetation. Even if they look a little forbidding.
James is keen on our implementing the Bradley Method more rigorously, starting from the good and working outwards.
Here’s a little treasure, in flower right now. Geitonoplesium Simosum.
Clearing asparagus fern to make way for blady grass.
We’ve had several goes at stopping stormwater from carrying weed seeds into the bush. Someone from Council came once, with machinery, and created some beautiful stone lined retention basins, only to have someone else from Council come along a few months later and tear them up with a digger.
We built sandbags a little while back, placing them at the back of this basin. The bags have perished, though, so this time we built stone dams and planted reeds in front of them as a filter.
A few days later, Howard has photographed pooled runoff water in our main retention basin. So far so good.